Say what? Yep. Doritos. Think baked Doritos nacho dinner. And deliciousness - think that, too. If you & your family love nachos - and Doritos - then you are gonna love this casserole. It serves a crowd, pulls together in minutes, won’t break your budget and is oohhh so yummy! You can serve this as is, with a jar of taco sauce or salsa at the ready, or if you’re like me - I love the combination of the warm hearty casserole with light, cold freshly sliced lettuce, tomato, green onion, maybe a few slices of black olives, and of course, sour cream.
I plated this picture up so you can see the layers.
Here’s how it looks in the casserole dish.
Simply chop up some fresh nacho toppings and dig in!
(I double this recipe & freeze half for use later on.)
Doritos Mexican Casserole
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (cream of mushroom works)
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes
- 1 can Ranch Style Beans (I use the one with jalapeños)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package Doritos
- Garnish of thinly sliced lettuce, chopped cilantro, chopped tomatoes, green onions, black olives & sour cream
- Pre-heat the oven to 375F.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef with the chopped onion over medium-high heat. Pour off any grease.
- Add the taco seasoning, oregano, cumin, salt & pepper to taste then stir to combine over the heat so the seasonings have a chance to warm and intensify.
- Add the soup, Rotel tomatoes and Ranch Style beans including the liquid - stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Next, gently crunch up the Doritos a little bit (not too much) and place 1/2 in the bottom of a casserole dish. Spoon in your filling on top of the Doritos.
- Mix the shredded cheese with the remaining 1/2 of the Doritos and spread on top of the mixture evenly.
- Bake, uncovered until bubbling and the topping is golden brown - about 20 to 30 minutes.