This sensational cherry almond strudel is a crowd pleaser. So easy and delicious with Solo Food's quality baking products. It's perfect for busy weekends where you want to serve something special but don't have a lot of time.
The video below shows you how easy it is!
The almond filling mixed with silky cream cheese, then topped with Solo's cherry pastry filling is perfect when combined with a light puff pastry and drizzled with almond glaze. We love it with breakfast, brunch, and as a snack with coffee or tea. Not sure about cherry? Grab the apricot or raspberry instead!
What you need: Quality Solo Ingredients
Just head down to the baking aisle to find Solo Foods Almond Filling, and your choice of Solo's Cherry, Apricot, or Raspberry Filling. Or - use the link right here and order online. Even easier! Solo Pie Filling | Cake & Pastry Filling | Almond Paste
Also grab up some cream cheese and frozen puff pastry. If you have a few eggs, powdered sugar, and some sliced almonds at home, you're all set.
The puff pastry comes 2 to a box so using both makes sense. It's also a great opportunity to try a couple of different fillings. We personally love one cherry and one apricot. Both go so well with the almond cream cheese base.
How many does each strudel serve?
Technically each cherry almond strudel would serve 8, but if you have 4 or 5 people taking a slice, the first one will be gone in a flash so it's ideal to have another one on stand by for those who want to help themselves to more.
Sensational Cherry Almond Strudel With Solo Foods: Easy & Delicious!
- 1 box puff pastry 2 per box
- 1 beaten egg for brushing on the pastry
- ½ cup sliced almonds for sprinkling on top
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar to sprinkle on top (optional)
- 2 cups powdered sugar see note
- ½ teaspoon almond extract or more per taste
- 2-4 tablespoon milk
- Pre-heat the oven to 400f
- Beat with a hand mixer or wooden spoon the softened cream cheese, almond paste, and egg yolk. Set aside
- Stir your jam so it's easy to spoon.
- Thaw until workable, roll out slightly
- On the outer ⅓ of each side of the pastry, slice cuts on a diagonal about 1 ½ inches apart
- Spread half of the almond mixture down the center (save the other ½ for your 2nd pastry)
- On top of the almond mixture spoon on on the Solo Cherry Filling or flavor of your choice.
- Fold each cut strip into the center, brushing on the beaten egg to act as a glue, alternate each side, crossing them over each other in the middle. Seal the ends so the filling doesn't leak out.
- Brush on the beaten egg liberally, then top with the almond slices, and then a sprinkle of turbinado sugar (optional).
- Place on a baking tray lined with parchment and if you have space, put it in the freezer for a few minutes to firm and chill. This step will allow the puff pastry to puff up more when baked.
- Bake about 30 minutes at 400f. Checking often and tenting with foil at the end to prevent over-browning. When done, the pastry should have puffed up slightly and the filling is bubbling.
- Allow to cool, then drizzle on the glaze.
- Slice and enjoy!
- In a small bowl, stir together the powdered sugar, almond extract, and a few teaspoons of milk at a time. Add additional milk as needed (only a spoonful at a time) and stir until you get the desired consistency.
If you're interested in other things to serve at breakfast or brunch, you might also like SOFT AND PILLOWY CINNAMON ROLLS.